Once an applicant has submitted the required information and had an initial meeting with the Director, they will be scheduled to take an aptitude test at the JATC. This test consists of two parts: math and reading comprehension, and will take approximately two and a half hours to complete. The number of items and the amount of time allotted for each test are as follows:
Algebra and Functions 33 Questions 46 Minutes
Reading Comprehension 36 Questions 51 Minutes
Material is provided at the Initial Meeting to prepare for the aptitude test, and it is recommended that applicants refresh their math skills prior to taking this exam. Testing is traditionally scheduled on a Friday between 1-4pm. There is a short break between the Algebra and Functions Test and the Reading Comprehension Test.
After taking the aptitude test the JATC will notify applicants of their status and if they obtain a qualifying score they will be scheduled for an interview with the JATC.
Reminders for Applicants:
- Report to the test center early. It is a good idea to arrive at the test center at least 15 minutes before the scheduled test time.
- On the scheduled test day, bring a photo ID.
- Material such as paper and pencil will be provided by the JATC.
- Do not bring a calculator.
- Plan on spending approximately 3 hours at the test center on your scheduled test day.